Thursday, October 1, 2020

Protect our sanity

 A tragedy is “an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe.” We have all have dealt with immense stress at times. Some of us may be currently dealing with it. Suffering in silence while some in our networks stay quiet about our collective destruction. There are many things you can do to protect your sanity. 

Start small, maybe a few minutes every day go outside. Breathe, meditate, get really back to basic nothingness. Eat better. You know exactly what that means. Junk produces a junky mind and body. The weaker those two are, the more vulnerable you become to let your mind tell you that you are not worth it.

There is a lot to deal with in 2020 and it has never been normal. You may ask what is normal anyway, well it is for sure not this crazy way of living hiding at home and worrying about what will happen next. The mind can be a beast to tear you down, do not let that happen. You must fight for the serenity.

This is not new stuff that I am describing, we know deep down what we must do. The many sleepless nights I lay in bed and wonder what happened to my life? Where did it all go? I never really have an answer for it. All I know in these times I treasure family whether there are thousands of miles away or near. They matter. They are part of me. I also treasure those friends in my Real Life and Second Life. When I say Second Life, they are really Real Life because Second Life is just an extension of what happens in real life. These friends are also struggling with real-life issues just like me. We are the same in many ways, maybe different stories, but we all are trying to protect our sanity.

It has been a struggle to concentrate on the things I love, like art and writing this blog. I try to find new things that I can do to keep me busy. It is never easy and the fight seems to get harder on some days and then there are days when it all does not matter. I am scared of those days. We should always have something that matters to us.  

“Stress is not associated with the frequency of people’s technology use, or even how many friends users have on social media platforms. But there is one way that people’s use of digital technology can be linked to stress: Those users who feel more stress are those whose use of digital tech is tied to higher levels of awareness of stressful events in others’ lives. "

Turn it all off sometimes. Invest in you, your well-being. Thank you friends for letting me vent when you did not feel like listening, for letting me be mad when it was not your fault, for showing up when I did not deserve it. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment