Sunday, February 21, 2021

Skrunda 2

Recently when I found out that 30 % of my DNA is from Eastern Europe & Russia which includes Belarus, Czechia, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Latvia, and Lithuania. I was happy to find Skrunda-1, also known as Skrunda-2, is a ghost town and former Soviet and Russian radar station located 5 km (3 mi) to the north of Skrunda, in Raņķi Parish, Latvia.




That is what I love about Second Life you can actually find a place that exists in Real Life. Skrunda remains a ghost town and is now officially closed to visitors. Read more about this sim on Inara Pey's Blog. This place is worth a visit and perfect for all sorts of picture taking.

As I wandered around I felt like I was in the midst of some Russian undercover project looking for some hidden spies. I always find it interesting the things you can learn in Second Life. This is all about the history and people in the United States may have never heard of this place and I myself cannot recall ever hearing of this town. I enjoy researching about the real-life places I visit in second life so this was quite educating to me. I imagine the place at one point had its charm and beauty and now just sits to decay way. Let me know what your thoughts are on the place.

You can also join the Skrunda 2 Flickr group that has pictures taken at the sim.

Enjoy your travels and stay safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment