Sunday, May 16, 2021

Where do you unwind?


Ever since RL requires me to teach in-person and virtual it created so much more work to prepare for lesson plans. I heard people say that those teachers are lazy and need to be back in school. Trust me my workday of 8 hours at school does not end, there are hours upon hours and including weekends to make this all work. Oh,, by the way, we do not get paid extra for this either.
Since we are no robots we have to find ways to unwind all of this tension and for me, it is to be creative and either paint or take some photographs in Second Life. There are so many wonderful places that have been created by people that just make you feel good.

Everybody rewinds differently and that is ok. I just need to see things that give me the sensation that I am at a vacation spot. After all, the past 14 months being stuck at home took a toll on most of us, while we watched film after film and ate more than we ever had.
These are the reason why I am in Second Life in the first place to create that atmosphere of beauty that helps with stress, depression, and all sorts of mental fatigue.

I am not saying that Second Life is the only thing you can do to unwind, it isn't. You still need to go out there and breathe the fresh air and see the real grass. Often a mental health coach will recommend getting some mindful meditation that helps immerse yourself in the here and now, guided imagery involves allowing your mind to drift off to your ‘happy place’. Whether that’s a white sandy beach, rolling hills, or a peaceful garden, imagining yourself in that setting can be one of the best ways to relax and calm your mind. 

And here I am, at my "happy place".

No comments:

Post a Comment