Saturday, July 17, 2021

Embrace Reality! I have Writer's Block!

I have been at a painless writer's block for the past few weeks, well actually for July. Real Life has me working to teach what was missed for the entire school year and the weather has been so hot that all I can think about is to escape to my Retreat in Second Life.

I appreciate the variety of visitors that come here and I am in awe that they find this place. 

I have been evaluating why I am not writing as much a little deeper as well. As a writer I struggle with being afraid, with putting my ideas (and myself) out there for everyone to see and critique. Fear is a major reason some writers never become writers.

I have been often told to write down many of the real experiences I had with teaching and with the virtual worlds. Writing about life is so personal and sometimes I feel vulnerable to expose my wants and needs to the world.

Honestly, I do not consider myself a writer, even so, I wrote many many poems and short stories and of course this blog. I always wanted to be known as an artist, someone who is creative. I am grateful to the people who continue coming here and to the Basement Club. There are some new DJs that bring more of their styles to the music we play here, so don't hesitate to stop by and listen in M-F starting on most nights at 6PM SLT.

I will think of some new ideas on what to write soon. I see some summer vacation coming my way.

Oh, BTW please see this article about Grum in the Focus Magazine for Second Life. I think that is great he got recognized. He may not think I did not notice, but I did. Great Job!


No comments:

Post a Comment