Monday, October 23, 2017

Pumpkin Pumpkin...who was this guy?

One day I found two pumpkin seeds.

I planted one and pulled the weeds.
It sprouted roots and a big, long vine.
A pumpkin grew; I called it mine.
The pumpkin was quite round and fat.
(I really am quite proud of that.)
But there is something I'll admit
That has me worried just a bit.
I ate the other seed, you see.
Now, will it grow inside of me?

(I'm so relieved since I have found
That pumpkins only grow in the ground!)

I danced with the pumpkin King all night. He is a good dancer actually and his light inside never went out.
He serenaded me with some music from the "Ballad of the pumpkin seed". Did he just wink at me? Or was that a flicker of the candle-light?
And then all of a sudden, he tried to steal a kiss from me. His bony fingers on my back. Oh wait can you scratch me back there? Yes, that feels good.
Inside his head, I like to see...oh, nothing...figures.
But I do am very fond of him and I will keep him around for another year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment