Thursday, June 23, 2022

Happy Birthday Second Life!!!

 Hard to imagine that Second Life is now 19 years old, isn't it? So many changes have accused throughout the years and so many improvements have happened. There is no other virtual world that can really compare with this, even if the metaverse tries to convince you otherwise. They will fail and Second Life will celebrate many birthdays. People who reside here made an investment, which would create an uproar if it was suddenly gone. You know that when Second Life is down, people go through withdrawals like babies who suffer from the formula shortage, no substitute will do.


What have I learned here? Many things through my almost 11 years. What I treasure the most is the international friends that have crossed my path. When I am down the most, someone will come and inspire me to go on. "Stay one more week, see how it goes."  It is not the number of people you know or followers like on Instagram or TikTok you have, what counts here is the quality of people. 

Think about it, the people who create here are very talented people. There are engineers, doctors, teachers, artists, musicians and so many more. How many of those types of people do you have on your Facebook as friends or followers? Exactly!!! 

People of any subject there is can be found here and yes some maybe not so good people as well. You will figure them out real fast, idiots are marked no matter where they go by their manipulative actions. You know what I mean. 

I always enjoy going to the Book Club and meeting the authors. Where else can you go and meet every week and new author? You would have to travel from city to city and country to country, but here they come and sit with you live on stage. I am thrilled when it is summertime and I am off for some weeks so I can attend.

It was my 4th year DJing here at the SL19B. That is quite an honor to be able to be part of it. I am not a professional DJ, in fact, I never DJed before until I came into Second Life, but here it is possible to play the music I like to many people around the world.

I am sure next year the celebrations will be even bigger when the 20-year anniversary will come around. I am planning on being here for my 5th year of DJing and perhaps I will also do another exhibit as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment