Monday, April 17, 2023

“Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.”

Sharing some of my "Heimatland" sights in Second Life is for me a very special occasion. The castle in the background is " Burg Gleiberg" built around the 900th. The ruin is now a popular destination. Since 1879, the ruins have been owned by the Gleiberg Association, which strives to preserve them. The restaurant "Burg Gleiberg" with a beer garden is located in a building in the inner courtyard of the lower castle. As a child, we would visit this often because it was part of the neighborhood.

I appreciate the fact that I can bring back a little bit of home right here and feel the breeze (almost).
After you leave home, you may find yourself feeling homesick, even if you have a new home that has nicer wallpaper and a more efficient dishwasher than the home in which you grew up. I did a story during Halloween in Second Life where I explained the story about the "Hirtenbrunnen" in the forest I played in as a child. At the Shepard Well according to legend, a shepherd was found dead here. It was assumed that he was in love with a nun because he was doing errand work for the nuns. However, the truth will never be known. I have the plaque of the well at my cemetery now at the Retreat. 

I can be homesick, but when I log into second life I can bring my home back and that makes me happy. 
Life is all about being happy and finding ways to stay in that happy place. Life is too short for unhappiness. What do you do when you are homesick? Leave your thoughts in the comments for me.

My home here in Second Life is the Retreat and I treasure it very much. If you like to visit this place you are always welcome. 

Here you find a place to relax, visit the art gallery, maybe meet with friends and dance the night away in the Basement Club. Either way, you are all welcome to visit and enjoy.

Be good to yourself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment