Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sheeted Memories of the Past

 

By each spot the most unholy --
    In each nook most melancholy, --
    There the traveller meets aghast
    Sheeted Memories of the Past --
    Shrouded forms that start and sigh
    As they pass the wanderer by --
    White-robed forms of friends long given,
    In agony, to the Earth -- and Heaven. ~Edgar Allan Poe




Here at the Retreat, I like to keep things mostly the same except for changing seasons. There is a certain melancholy that I feel here and that keeps memories. The Retreat is an open place on the mainland that I purchased many years ago and expanded through the years. 

For me, it is a magical place I come and visit daily, a place of joy but also a place of sadness. All of it is a good thing, just like in real life. You must have both as a balance to experience life. 
I know Second Life is an escape from real life for many of us, but if you have been here long enough it is part of your life as well. Here at the Retreat, weddings have occurred, hunts and special events have happened, and where music is being celebrated at night. And yes, it is a place for art, whether you like to look at paintings or you like to indulge in digital photography, it is all here.

I am often amazed at how it all came about and how ideas came to life. I love the part where I can take pictures here and then reflect back and see the same tree standing at the same spot. The cemetery has been here for years with many memories of loved ones. It is a quiet place. 

The Retreat is a poem but created in the virtual world for all to enjoy. It inspires you to create something or to just sit back and take in the beauty. You do not have to be a poet or artist to enjoy it. 
Stop by and make some memories of your own. It is all here in the virtual world, in Second Life at the Retreat. If you see me there just say hello :)



No comments:

Post a Comment