Sunday, April 21, 2024

Club Etiquette

Even the most successful clubs have trolls who disturb the vibes of people having a good time. My recent visit to the famous Muddy's was disappointing because of how the trolls were handled. So I raised a question to the host that night. 

[18:14] Anjelikka: Hello...I have a question...why is pushing an avatar allowed? Jude and Mike Oxfat are doing that. 
The host then answered me with this: No behavior of that kind is never allowed. It even appears in the line where the URL of the club appears. Muddy's is a very PG sim, and we pride ourselves in making sure everyone feels welcome and safe.

Nothing was really done about and the person who was being harassed stated to me that these were just a couple of drunks and they did this. I don't know with a club that has won so many awards being the best club in Second Life, this did not sit well with me. I understand a person can just teleport out and go somewhere else.

If you have rules in a club, why not follow them? I can see you can warn someone and then if they continue by all means ban them. The host might have warned them but it kept going on even after I raised the question.
I know one thing I will not go back there because they obviously do not care about their people, they only care about the amount of people they get and the Lindens they collect. It is similar to a club I worked for before and they only cared about the amount of people that came to their club. The traffic of your club will put you on a more searchable level, but really, is it worth it? 
Maybe I am more sensitive to how people behave in Clubs because of my own Club. I just don't tolerate this in mine. 

I just recently banned a person from the Basement Club because of a rude chat they had and it upset the DJ and others. Via another person that person said they were never warned. To be honest, etiquette does not need a warning. As a German, I do not gave the tolerance of someone on my land that I pay for making others feel bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment