Friday, April 12, 2024

Our Daughter?


Devon, Rachel (she was AFK and had no idea) and me


I see it often when someone introduces me and says this is my daughter, son, sister, etc. When I hear that I automatically think in real life. As a German, I take things literally.
It is all about role playing and perhaps a true family is missing in real life?  I really don't know. 

A family is a group of two or more persons related by birth, marriage, or adoption who live together; all such related persons are considered members of one family.

I would just feel it is odd to call someone my daughter in second life. I am not saying that it is wrong for anyone to do this kind of role-playing, it is just not for me. Of course, then there is the Basement Club family if we want to call us a family but I do not call any of the members sister or brother. (I do not think Devon would come here if I called him my brother.)

We are family!!!
For all I know he (Devon) was brought in by the Easter Bunny or was that his brother?

In a way, we are kind of a family in the virtual world. A group of people who do the same thing. 

In a family,
We laugh,
We cry,
We love,
We share.
We may not have it all,
But together we have everything.

I am trying to learn the concept that family does not have to be the real family you know in real life but it can mean a bunch of friends who come together here in Second Life and share the same interests or even discuss opposite opinions. A family is a group, that's there for you, through thick and thin. They see you through. They laugh with you and wipe your tears, they share your dreams and calm your fears.
And no Rachel is not really our daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment