Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween or is it?


You know what I find really scary that even in Second Life it is all about shopping, shopping, shopping. Buy this and buy that and come to this shopping event. The events also get bigger and bigger. It is a constant bombardment of goods to buy.

Damn machine took my lindens.
Some years ago I would see ads to go and visit certain sims and see them for their beauty and experience. I loved that very much. Those places gave me inspirations to create my own space. Now I do not see this as much anymore. Blogs now are filled with shopping and where to get the best goods. Is that what Second Life has become now? A giant shopping place?

I understand the creatots of goods want to sell their stuff and I am sure they welcome these events. After all it took time to create things and time is money, even here. I used to enjoy a monthly magazine that concentrated on Second Life photography. It featured certain artists and had lots of ads of creative places to visit. I know the magazine would charge for the ads and that is how they were able to fund the time consuming effort of a creating this magazine. I am not gonna mention the magazine here, but now they want you to pay lindens to read the magazine and look at the ads. I say no thank you to that.

We live in times where money is tight for everybody and trying to have a getaway like Second Life should not cost you a pixel and a pixel.

I just hope this will cease a little and we are going back to the somewhat basics of the experience of what Second Life is. What is the solution? I really do not know. I am just a consumer and I am looking out for what I can afford to spend on this entertainment. I like the gacha idea still when you buy an item you can at least sell and trade it after you are done. I mostly buy gachas and then resell them according to their value at that time. This also helps my inventory of thousands of things I have and no idea what they are.
 Happy Halloween everybody. Stay safe out there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment