Friday, September 23, 2022

And a Sim falls into a hole

We were all having a good time enjoying the music DJ Dulce was providing for us at the Basement Club until it all stopped. It started with chat lag and then we all froze. I could still hear the music and before you could say what happened, I was disconnected from Second Life. I believe everybody else was teleported somewhere. 
The entire Region of "Monty" fell into a deep hole and was gone. Even the road stopped midway.

I logged back on and because my home is in that region, my first attempt failed and I had to try again. I tried again and I appeared at some weird place and tried to get to Monty but that failed. I then looked on the map and tried to land in the next region and that worked. And there I saw it, the hole.
I immediately checked the grid statues to see if there were some issues in Second Life, because that can happen from time to time. Nothing!
My next step was to let Second Life know, just in case they don't realize I need to get home.

After an hour I was chatting with "Boxy
5000" an apparent AI working for Second Life. Boxy seemed pleasant and tried to understand my question about Monty being down.
Boxy 5000: Could you tell me the region again?
Anjelikka : Monty

And then just then like a miracle the glorious region of Monty was back on the map. The hole was filled with all the buildings, the road, and the fabulous gacha items I have all over the Retreat and Basement Club are back as new and maybe even better. Make sure you check it all out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment