Saturday, September 3, 2022

Eleven Years in Second Life

Yes, when I tell people in real life that I have been in the virtual world called Second Life for 11 years, they look at me like I have lost my mind. Well, maybe; but what they do not understand is that Second Life is not a game where you play level after level to achieve a goal.

What does one do for eleven years in this world? They often ask me that as well. I cannot even answer this in one short sentence, because there are so many things you can do here.
It is different for each person, the way they interpret virtual reality. Things here are made by the people who come here and they are real. 

You name it, you can do it here in Second Life. Fall in love, get married, get divorced, some have a family, and so on. Open a shop and sell what you made, sing or DJ. Create art or create digital art, the sky is the limit. Learn a new language from any of the residents from all over the world, make new friends, and visit old friends. Live in a fantasy, or make it as real as you like.

The Metaverse is a buzzword that is going around, but Second Life has been here for almost 20 years already, so it is nothing new. I think Covid19 got many people more involved in technology such as zoom meetings, google classrooms, and so on. Second Life has helped me to master those in no time.

So, what was I doing in Second Life for 11 years? I say I was learning about myself and others and what brings happiness that I can take to the real world. Why not experience it yourself, trust me it is better than what Meta is creating.

The Retreat in Second Life

Interesting facts Second Life send me:
Anjelikka, it's your 11th Rez Day

Second Life is fun, weird, and always evolving, but the magic ingredient is YOU. The vibrant worlds you build and the sense of community you provide for others is simply priceless. Here's to another year of imagination and experiencing the impossible.

-The Second Life Team

 Here's what you've achieved in the past year*:

Your Milestones
Average Resident
491
Region(s) visited
87
Regions visited
1,249
Teleport(s)
220
Teleports
 
47 day(s)
Longest streak logged in
               3 days
            Longest streak logged in









No comments:

Post a Comment