Sunday, September 25, 2022

Autumn or Fall?

The names autumn and fall are both commonly used. Autumn is thought to be slightly older, appearing in the 1300s, with the word fall first appearing around the 1500s in reference to leaves falling off trees. An even earlier name for the season is harvest. Whatever you may want to call it, it is my favorite season of the year. I love the colors, the smells, and the cooler weather, and not to forget Halloween.

The term autumn is more used in European countries such as the United Kingdom and the term Fall is more American. This season is the only season with two names, so pick your favorite way of saying it. You could always use the term Harvest which comes from the German side which is "Herbst".

Where I live in real life Fall looks like Summer to some regions, so I appreciate the idea that I could have Fall all year round in Second Life. It brings back many childhood memories











Sing to me, Autumn, with the rustle of your leaves.
Breathe on me your spicy scents that flow within your breeze.

Dance with me, Autumn, your waltz that bends the boughs of trees.
Now tell me all the secrets you've whispered to the seas.

Sleep with me, Autumn, beneath your starlit skies.
Let your yellow harvest moon shimmer in our eyes.

Kiss me, Autumn, with your enchanting spellbound ways
That changes all you touch into crimson golden days.

Love me, Autumn, and behold this love so true
That I'll be waiting faithfully each year to be with you.



So, celebrate the seasons to the fullest, each one has its own beauty and charm, and no matter where you live you can have them all right here in Second Life.

Happy Fall!!! Willkommen Herbst! Here are some other languages: otoño, jesień, l’automne, arbores autumnales.

Which is your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment