Friday, June 28, 2024

21 years of Second Life

 It is hard to believe that 21 years have gone by and the virtual world of Second Life is still around. So many improvements to the avatars and environments but the concept of residents who create here is still the same. 

This zombie outbreak is totally harmless

The celebrations include music, art, and various groups of interests. It all comes together and is more amazing year after year.

Many years back I heard about Second Life from a TV commercial about how this virtual place had been taken over by real companies who are represented here. Virtual money, that turns into real money. Really? I didn't join right away, but eventually, I did mainly because I wanted to find something similar to an online game I was playing which was no longer here. I found out that this was not a game but in a way a real world with people who are avatars. In 2011 I was in and explored everything I could. It has been a true adventure for sure.




My 6th year DJing at this event and that is always an honor to be here. Next year I may do an art exhibit again.

Wishing Second Life a very "Happy Birthday" with many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment