Monday, June 10, 2024

Radio Silence

Hello, I hope somebody is listening... If nobody is listening, am I making any sound at all?


When you are out there traveling you experience radio silence. Sometimes I appreciate the silence, but other times I wonder what happened. They say that silence is golden, but is it really? 

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed; the thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures whose charms were broken if revealed.

Second Life has many secrets kept by its avatar beholders. Not all are bad but some avatars are experts in ghosting others. I know of some who are well known in this virtual world who are secretly someone else but never reveal their real selves, especially when it comes to gender. I have never been a fan of these practices, because they speak of the person's true character. If they lie here they lie everywhere else too. I am not saying that you must reveal your true name here or even show a real-life picture of yourself, but you should be honest enough and tell someone your real gender, nobody likes a catfish.

Be good to yourself and watch out for ghosts and catfish that prowl the virtual worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment