Saturday, June 22, 2024

7.1 Firestorm Viewer

 I must admit that the minute the update came out, I downloaded it and instantly regretted it. My FPS dropped so low I could barely move and everything looked weird and dark.

Just a day or two for me to DJ at the SL21B and I did not need this lag monster on my back. I went to the different stages at the SL21B to test this out and it was just plain horror. I really felt well my PC would not be able to handle this anymore and maybe after 12 1/2 years my time is up. 
Sending a message to Linden Lab. STOP making changes, we do not need mirrors in SL.




I looked at what other people were saying about this update and yes I am not alone...so many are having trouble and the same issues. The lag was so bad it took 30 minutes for me to move from one spot to the next. I quickly went back to the older version and yes things are back to somewhat normal, even the EEP settings look better. Why change a good thing????

Mr. X on Reddit had this to say:
The future? I wonder how people introducing those changes can be so detached from reality.

I've never downgraded any update before, and this time I was forced to. What's the point of introducing any of this if it literally ruins everything that existed before and once again makes your computer work harder and overheat more? This is absurd. You buy all the new high quality clothes, fancy skins and super detailed avatars. You spend thousands of lindens. You create furniture for years. You create all those beautiful windlights and what? All to trash can now for ... What exactly? A shiny floor? Mirrors? You introduce 3 new things and wreck 100 as the price. What a great job...

What is your experience so far? Like I said I had to change back and if it comes to me being forced to install the new viewer I will quit. No more spending money on these things that just give me stress. Make it better Linden Lab...

No comments:

Post a Comment