Thursday, June 13, 2024

Turbulence of Life

Life is filled with turbulence, but how you react to each event is important. Do not sweat the small stuff and stop wasting time. Walking into the unknown can be scary … but simultaneously, it can be a time of discovering love for a fresh experience. It can be a time of walking into pure joy at the miracle of life that’s just emerging in this moment.


When you first changed your avatar to a mesh body, you messed it up, but after trying so many times, it eventually got corrected. Just roll with the waves as they come. You are not alone and we all have to go through them. 

As I get older, I appreciate that I can still walk, see, hear, and think. Second Life, the virtual world turning 21 this month. I never imagined I would be part of something this great. I know many DJs in Second Life perform at the SL21B and I am honored I can participate once again.

This year it will be my 6th year that I participate. Talk about turbulence, for the past two years I DJed right after some famous performers in Second Life. You can imagine how the audience was still pumped up, and there came a little old me with little impact. Then one year my graphics card was acting up (it was actually loose) and it was difficult to maneuver around with a full sim and DJ.

I rode that wave and finished. I am sure many of you have done the same thing. You finished what you started even if it was not the perfect result you had imagined. It is ok. We are imperfect, but it takes courage to complete a job in this turbulence.

I do not know how it will go this year. I am just going to do this and trust the opportunity once again to play music and celebrate what we all enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment