Sunday, September 29, 2024

I told my OCD I am in charge.

I often need to rearrange or update my land in Second Life. Why? I suppose there are many reasons for that, it could mean my OCD that tells me to change a few things again.

I find joy in beautiful places I create


I just changed the fountain with this new fox fountain, which I love. For the longest time, I had a fountain with an angel. I always look into improving the Retreat. I guess the need to express myself with the perfect little parcel may be part of the self-care I need to get through the day or month. It can be satisfying to see your creation.

What am I looking for?
I am always looking for new things that can improve this. I know I call my blog "No Time for Real Life", it is actually all about real life. We all have struggles to overcome and some of us may do this here in a virtual world. Yes, my therapist once told me to find things that make me happy in real life. 

I do have things that make me happy. I have odd compulsions to collect and send postcards around the world. I found out there are thousands and thousands of people who do the same thing. I just don't see anything wrong with this at all. It is keeping me away from the more damaging OCD behaviors of worry and anxiety. Some say: “The only way to overcome OCD is by facing your fears.” 

Nothing is certain in life. Make the best out of what you have as long as it not harm you or others.

Woot, Help has arrived!!!
As I make these improvements at the Retreat, keep in mind that I am working on myself in the real world.

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not seek the answers that cannot be given to you because you would not be able to live them, and the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.}
- Reiner Maria Rilke




No comments:

Post a Comment