Sunday, May 14, 2017

The wonders of the sea

In this case, we are talking about the Blake Sea in Second Life and yes it is full of wonders because you never know what you may encounter. 
For example, I was taking the "Jungfrau" out for a sail on a Sunday morning when you would think the sea is calm and empty. It was quite the opposite and there were many things and creatures out and about.
The sea is a wondrous and magical place. It is a world of light and shadow, full of amazing creatures that stimulate the imagination.  Here, within the waves, can be found both the beautiful and the bizarre.

One of the natives here at Sirens Isle in his natural existence is a rare gem to find. This was nothing like I expected a siren to look like. I have learned in school that iGreek mythology, the Sirens (Greek singular: Σειρήν Seirēn; Greek plural: Σειρῆνες Seirēnes) were dangerous creatures, who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island. 

I am the siren
I shipwreck soldiers
Leaving them stranded on salty shores
I sing sweet songs that can turn a bitter heart
Into sugar.
I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders.


Surely the next characters I encountered here were not natives to the isle. They looked like they just came out of a Japanese anime film.

...sing with me my siren song, 
follow me from dusk til dawn...

No comments:

Post a Comment