Saturday, August 31, 2024

Last day of the month, cemetery time.

 "As August comes to an end, rain may soon descend. I am ready for autumn and the owl's song, for summer, has been hot and too long.

Thinking of what trouble I can find
I am always looking for what trouble I can evoke to change the colors of the willow oak." ~Anjelikka

I love to change the Retreat into Fall or Autumn (however you want to say it) because the colors and the cooler weather are what I love.

I also love to hang out at my cemetery, because it always looks more spooky in Fall. 

The colors all blend together like a painting by Van Gogh, my favorite painter who must have loved the golden meadow.

I also like to read obituaries, maybe that sounds morbid but those were all people who had a life and I am always interested in where they were born and what their life was all about. You can find that at a cemetery as well. Here you slow down time like no other and force yourself to reflect. On your goals, on your life, on things you haven’t done yet, on things you’re too afraid to do, on how you want people to remember you one day, on how you want YOURSELF to remember you one day! – all kinds of thoughts and ruminations flow through you as you take it in.
Ravens are larger than crows

At those moments I reflect on how lucky I am and how easy life is today.” Yes!! Parents, grandparents, teachers, leaders, inventors, justice fighters – all kinds of ancestors sleeping there, and all of whom helped shape this great community we’re now fortunate to live in. And I love it, that I have a cemetery right here in Second Life. I can dance amongst the crows. or even catch one if I like.

I think every time a month ends one should go and visit a cemetery whether in the real world or here in Second Life and be grateful you are still alive to be able to experience the silence. After all, they’re so peaceful! Thousands of people there and no one talking!!



No comments:

Post a Comment