Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Retreat's Halloween Art Show

 

"Only lovers
see the fall
a signal end to endings
a gruffish gesture alerting
those who will not be alarmed
that we begin to stop
in order to begin
again."

The art show is just in time to transition from summer to fall and Halloween. Throughout the years I have drawn and painted Halloween themes that I make into postcards. I have never shown them here in Second Life, but this will be the first time. 

When you enter the Retreat just walk straight to the gallery. You will see the displays among the chummy skeletons. You will notice the Retreat and its Autumn Leaves of orange, yellows, and reds. It is my favorite time of the year. Yes, I know we are just finishing August, but why wait? That is the beauty of Second Life, you don't have to wait.

The art comes in different styles from just pencil and ink drawings to watercolors. My favorite medium is watercolors, but I have done acrylics as well.

I hope you come on over and explore the Retreat and the Gallery and take pictures or even get inspired to start your own Fall decor. Don't forget to visit the Basement Club, it is right below the gallery and we do have DJs who play some excellent music here. Not your mainstream kind of stuff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment