Thursday, January 2, 2020

Greed and Child Avatars

To start the new year off I received a message from a club owner I DJ at. I had been working there for quite some time, in fact over 2 years. All of a sudden the owner questions me about having my own club, which I said yes I have one, but none of your patrons are coming to my club, because I do not advertise it. 
I did not know about the rule, because when I applied to this place it just said come and apply, it never mentioned you cannot work here if you own your own club. Totally ridiculous!!!

"I'm looking for some quality DJ's and Hosts for permanent positions. We play all genres from 1980-1989, though we do give a bit of "wiggle room" to play a couple songs as far back as 75 and as forward as 92. If you are interested in working at a fun, friendly place with amazing staff and VIPsDJ's and hosts keep 100% of their tips. We're a PG club, fun, and friendly. We've got the friendliest people on our staff, and our VIPs are amazing."



Now, she also said well we can keep it between us then. I decided NO, this is not fair to those who want to DJ and cannot because they own a club. You made this rule, let us honor it. I quit!

So Greed drives some of these club owners who are so afraid that their club will lose members. In my opinion that is a dumb way of thinking. People come because they like the music and the people, but if you make so many restrictions and drive people away, they soon will walk away. I hope you will be honest and tell those who ask what happened to me.




This so-called PG club allows child avatars to come to their club. Now that I find creepy and yes I read: 

Note that child avatars are allowed on PG, Mature, and even Adult public parcels, provided with the latter that they are adult verified. Note that this does not necessarily apply to private parcels where one has the option to eject or ban as desired.

What club in the 80s allowed little kids to be there and dance and mingle with the crowd? That is right, none. What adult in their right mind would play a child in second life? Ok, so I hear those of you who are yelling, just let people be. True, they can be whatever they want to be BUT you have to draw the line somewhere. Playing a child in SL, in my opinion, is just creepy and not right. I work with little kids in RL and I sure would hate to see one of my students in my club.

No comments:

Post a Comment