Saturday, January 28, 2017

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

 恭喜发财 / 恭喜發財 (Gōngxǐ fācái) 'Happiness and prosperity!' 
It is the Year of the Rooster or as we call it cock in the USA!!!

People born in the Year of the Rooster are characterized as honest, energetic, intelligent, flexible and confident. But according to Chinese astrology, the year of your sign is believed to be one of the most unlucky years of your life. 

The general image of people in this zodiac sign is that they are hardworking, resourceful, confident and talented.  In addition, their active, talkative and engaging ways make them popular with people. They are happiest when they are in company, enjoying the spotlight. Although they were born with enviable skills, they still have several shortcomings, such as being seen as vain and arrogant with a tendency to brag about their achievements. 

Strengths: healthy, sporty, self-assured 
Weaknesses: a little sensitive, stressed, moody

I must admit I was born in the year of the rooster so I will see how unlucky I will be, but I do not build too much on this. 

I took some more pictures at the beautiful sim Ashemi which kind of fit into the Chinese New Year theme. Some truth may lay in this.

Lucky numbers: 5, 7, 8 (my BD is on the 5th)
Lucky colors: brown, gold and yellow (love the golden colors)
Lucky flowers: gladiola, cockscomb (sure)

Lucky directions: south, southeast (yes I am heading southeast)

I hope you did not do this: Hair must not be washed on the first day of the lunar year. In the Chinese language, hair (发) has the same pronunciation and character as 'fa' in facai (发财), which means ’to become wealthy’.  Therefore, it is seen as not a good thing to “wash one’s fortune away”  at the beginning of the New Year.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for some Chinese Food now.

No comments:

Post a Comment