Sunday, October 15, 2017

“Lil’ Red Riding Hood”

Most of know the story of little red riding hood and how she went to her granny's house through the woods and a encountered the big bad wolf.
Well, there are many versions of this story and the most famous is most likely the one told by the brothers Grimm.

The tale can be told in terms of Little Red Riding Hood’s sexual attractiveness. The song “How Could Red Riding Hood (Have Been So Very Good)?” by A.P. Randolph in 1925 was the first song known to be banned from radio because of its sexual suggestiveness.
The 1966 hit song “Lil’ Red Riding Hood” by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs takes Wolf’s point of view, implying that he wants love rather than blood.
I do like the part in the song that the wolf promises to be good. So, it reminds me of the big bad wolf following me around throughout second life. Well, he never was bad actually.
The wolf of course never gives up to chase little red riding hood. In this case, it may be a good thing, because if he didn't well she would be all alone.

I guess I am gonna keep this wolf around, he is pretty harmless under all this fur. I mean just look at those big blue eyes so he can see me better. Look at those big hands so he can hold me extra tight. Look at that big mouth so he can scare all the other bad wolves away. You just gotta love him as he sings:
"What a big heart I have-the better to love you with.

Little Red Riding Hood

Even bad wolves can be good.

I'll try to be satisfied just to walk close by your side.

Maybe you'll see things my way before we get to grandma's place."

I am gonna make sure I take the loooong way to granny's house...wink!!!
Come and visit the Retreat and take your pictures of a story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment