Sunday, January 7, 2018

Santa, you forgot a reindeer!

I think it is Donner ( which comes fromThor, and of course would see me, lol )
I think even Santa makes mistakes. I found this guy still wandering around the Retreat and I am convinced it belongs to Santa. I just don't know who it is?

There is a history about the names of the reindeer in case you ever wondered about it. Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen all have a meaning.


More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;
‘Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! on, Cupid! on, Dunder and Blixem!’

The names have slightly changed to Donner and Blitzen, which means thunder and lightning in German. We can say for sure, though, that the names of two of Santa’s reindeer, as originally published about 170 years ago, were ‘Dunder’ and ‘Blixem,’ not ‘Donner’ and ‘Blitzen.’
I also found these raccoons :) I am keeping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment