Tuesday, January 16, 2024

No more winter here

 As the rest of the country in the USA in real life freezes and digs themselves out of the snow, why not stop by the Retreat.




I decided to let winter go early here this year, after all, that is what Second Life is all about to maybe escape the harsh winters in real life. I always have a little of my real life hidden in the Retreat mainly from my childhood in Germany. Whether it is the cemetery that holds my parents and beloved sister or the old ruins of Burg Gleiberg.

If you are ever in Giessen, Germany make sure you visit. The ruins
 of the Gleiberg Castle are located at a height of 308 meters (1010 feet) above sea level. Owned by the Gleiberg Association since 1879, the castle now houses a namesake tavern with a wonderful beer garden. The ruins also offer the ideal venue for an intimate wedding reception or local cultural festivities. I love that I can bring this into Second Life.

The fields around the old castle in spring are covered in yellow phlox and look so warm, perfect when you want to escape the winter. I found some similar flowers and you can see them all over the Retreat to add to the warmth that we all need just about now.

Don't forget to visit the Gallery of watercolor paintings I have done throughout the years. I am adding a new exhibit that will be ready in February that will feature a good friend of mine I met here in Second Life who had sent me numerous pieces of her diamond paintings, too good to keep for myself. Look for that event coming up :)

Stay warm and safe this winter and find some getaways, even if they are virtual they can warm up your mind and heart. 




No comments:

Post a Comment