Wednesday, September 26, 2018

'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'

The Pines at Jacobs Pond 
I was waiting in line to get my Butterfinger Blizzard Treat which I love with those candy pieces in the vanilla ice cream when the girl inside said we are all out of vanilla ice cream. Oh no??? What will I do now? Not fair the guy in front of me ordered for the entire clan family. Damn!



On my way home, the headless horseman was trying to scare me...ha, you got the wrong girl here, Mister.


Sandwiched between blazing summer and chilly winter, autumn is the "cooling off" season. Nighttime arrives earlier, temperatures begin to drop and most vegetative growth decreases. I love that kind of season...the smell of autumn.
Mesmeric Cove


To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells 
  With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees, 
Until they think warm days will never cease,
    For summer has o’er-brimm’d their clammy cells. ~John Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment