Saturday, October 13, 2018

Never give your heart to a stranger

Chapel at the Retreat 
Or tell your secrets to a friend
You'll put your heart in mortal danger
They all desert you in the end...t
he more you live the more you love
Or so they say the more you love the more you go away


They say that nothing lasts forever And even true love turns to pain Don't trust your feelings to a stranger Don't want to go through this again...You see, I quite honestly believe that every stranger we pass on the street is a connection lost. Every stranger holds the potential to divert our direction, be it for a day or a lifetime. Call it the butterfly effect, sliding doors, whatever it’s an idea that I find both incredibly liberating and terrifying at the same time.



I suppose you could argue that these glorified strangers,the ones we fall for in fleeting silence,they’re the necessary catalyst for the unattainable notion of some cinematic, Utopian idea of happiness, a counterweight to the often depressive nature of being an over-thinking, 20-something romantic. It’s as soothing as it is frustrating. It is the ability to consciously shift our scorned affections onto the mere projection of a person: someone who can’t let you down, someone who can’t hurt you.


Pardon me, dear stranger
A day without you 
Is like a day without sunshine
Full of Darkness with sad clouds far above
Sadness, a day full of 
Misery and emptiness within me 
You may be out of my sight 
But never out of my mind
And my sunshine will soon return....


Pardon me, dear stranger
I don't know how you feel
but give me a chance
I'll make you see
It's meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment