Tuesday, February 12, 2019

All because of some BIG ears....

The story of Little Red Riding Hood is no doubt one of the most popular childhood stories of all time. We’ve all heard it, read it, or had it read to us numerous times as children. Here is the wolf's version:
The forest was my home, I took care of it. One day, I saw a little girl coming down the trail. I was suspicious of her because she was dressed strangely - all in red. Naturally, I asked who she was and where she was going. She told me she was going to her grandmother’s house and walked off. As she went she threw a sweet wrapper on the ground. Imagine that! First, she was rude to me, and now throwing rubbish! I decided to teach her a lesson.



I ran to her grandmother’s house. When I saw the grandmother, I explained what had happened, and she agreed to help me. The grandmother hid under the bed and I got into the bed, dressed in her clothes. The girl arrived and immediately started to insult me, making nasty comments about my big ears, and my big eyes.

‘Oh grandmother,’ said Little Red Riding Hood, ‘what big ears you have!’ ‘All the better to hear you with, my child,’ was the reply. ‘But, grandmother, what big eyes you have!’ she said. ‘All the better to see you with, my dear.’

I tried to stay calm, but she wouldn’t stop and insulted my big teeth next. By then, I couldn’t control my anger any longer. I jumped up from the bed and growled at her, ‘All the better to eat you with!’ 



No wolf would ever eat a little girl, that red cloak would taste bad anyway. I just wanted to scare her. But she started running around screaming. I jumped after her, to calm her down. But a big lumberjack barged in with an ax. That meant trouble, so I jumped out the window to escape. 


But that’s not the end of it. The grandmother never told my side of the story. Word got around that I was mean and nasty. Now everyone avoids me. Maybe Little Red Riding Hood lived happily ever after, but I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment