Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Books Are not Dead

Reading books has many benefits even in these tech times, we still can get joy out of reading a book.

Don't know what to read? Stop by every Wednesday (noon SLT) at the Second Life Book Club. Here you will meet the author and his/her insight on books and listen to some fun reading all hosted by Draxtor Depres.


Health is just one of the benefits of reading; it has benefits for other aspects of your life as well. These advantages help to make readers well-rounded individuals. Those who write, know the importance of reading books. Whether you write things for work or just for fun, heavy reading can improve your writing skills and abilities. There are several ways in which it can help strengthen your writing styles and skills, and each of these ways happens without you even realizing it.

When I started college I suddenly realized that I had a difficult time reading the textbooks. Words would swim together and looked upside down and quickly out of wood I would read doom.
I was not aware of dyslexia in those days but during my university studies, it became ever so clear to me. 

I appreciate reading books now because the more I read the better I get. For someone with dyslexia, there is no better way to fight this unless you read and read lots. Did you know that reading books can also help with your sleep? No, this doesn’t mean that it helps you fall asleep, but it does contribute to improving your overall sleep quality, pattern, and restfulness. Reading, since it enables you to relax and de-stress, can help pull you into a deep and peaceful sleep. That sounds like it might be too good to be true, but reading can, in fact, help you fall asleep.

There you go...so give it a try and stop by at noon on Wednesday and find out which author will join.

Expand your knowledge and vocabulary and read. I am an ESL person, which means English as a second language and by reading I truly understood words and their meanings much better. I was able to graduate and become a teacher and books had much to do with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment