Friday, October 30, 2020

Come and travel with me (and you don't need a mask)

"Let me take you on a trip around the world and back and you won't have to move..." 

In today's situation travel has become a bit more difficult to do. I know I was supposed to spend the holidays in Germany this year and that, of course, will not happen. My nephew just said well you can teach from here your online classes. Sounds too good to be true and realistically thinking it is.

This does not mean I have to be stuck here, there are hundreds of things to explore in Second Life. There really is and you can almost smell the ocean air and the pine in the forest.

One thing that kept me here in Second Life was the opportunity to teleport instantly from one place to another and here is the great thing you actually meet the people from the different countries as well. I met fellow Germans and we would talk and laugh in our native language. I met people from other countries who shared how to say hello and also some of the first words you learn in any language how to say the profanities. I know, maybe that is not what I come here for, I do come here for the culture.

You can also build your own destination. The sky is the limit, although I am not sure how high you can build in the skies of a sim. Anyone knows that answer, let me know.

"Let me show you the world in my eyes
I'll take you to the highest mountain
to the depths of the deepest sea."

You can start your journey here at the Retreat in Second Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment