Saturday, February 20, 2021

There is society, where none intrudes


Sometimes I just go and explore places and hope nobody is around and I can have an entire Sim to myself. I sit there and enjoy the silence because the silence has become familiar. I don't always have to have people around me, I enjoy the solitude.

Solitude is not a way of running away from life … from our feelings. On the contrary. This is the time we sort them out, air them, get over them, and go on without the burden of yesterday. I like to be able to look around as I sit there and take a picture. It is kind of like painting a picture in real life and here every pixel, every prim is important for the composition of the picture.

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more
~George Gordon Byron


There is a difference between solitude and loneliness and it is important to recognize it. Why do I choose Second Life to find solitude? It is quite simple, I can find this place anytime I am home and use it as an escape from the loud echoes of people talking and expressing their opinions on what is right and wrong, but never let you express yourself.

I can build beautiful gardens on my land and I do not have to worry if anyone will like it or not. It does not matter. For me, it is the perfect place to express myself. Here at my place I renew myself and replenish what I may have missed because laughter dried up or a person went a different way. Don't be afraid to sit awhile and think!

Stop by the Retreat if you need a place to sit down and think and find some solitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment