Sunday, January 16, 2022

How did I get here?

 

We all have a reason for how we got into Second Life. Maybe it was curiosity or a friend told you about it? It is different for all of us, but it is also the same for those of us who stayed here for many years. 

I knew right from the first day I logged in that I was going to like this and that I was going to capture my journey in this blog. I also realized that this was not a game. There was no goal in winning anything here. 

It was all about healing from PTSD and anxiety that I wanted to overcome. Of course, my therapist thought it would be better to stay in the Real World and be creative there and meet people live. What she did not know was that Second Life was and still is my therapy regardless of the many heartaches I endured. People come and go whether that is in the real world or here in second life. It is the people that drive this virtual world and it is as real as it gets. 

I have spent more than 10 years here and as long as it will be around I will be here. I have learned so many skills in second life that I never learned in college. These skills helped me tremendously during this pandemic. How else was I going to teach fun and exciting things to my student? 

The blog is kind of like a diary where I can see my progress which I would not be able to have done without going through it. I learned to DJ, I learned to build, and I learned to make some friends. I am thankful to the people I met.

How did I get here? I got here because it was where I needed to be. This video I made several years back and is still the same, it still inspires me to never give up and keep going.


Keep going people, do not give up. It all will turn out great and in the end, you can say: I did this, I lived this and what a great experience it was and still is.

If I can do this, so can you...set your goals to be the best you can be one step at a time. Life is still good.





No comments:

Post a Comment