Sunday, April 10, 2022

Our eyes prefer to suppose...

...That a habitable place
Has a geocentric view, 
That architects enclose
A quiet Euclidian space:
Exploded myths – but who
Could feel at home astraddle
An ever-expanding saddle?

I love outer space and always get excited when I see it in Second Life. In Real Life, I have always been interested in the space out there and as I learned more and more about it, I knew my fellow Germans were fascinated about this just like me. 

Did you know after the war Wernher von Braun ( he was born actually in a small village not far from where my father was born) started working for NASA? Early on he had a vision for people to explore Mars. He is also responsible for the Saturn 5 that brought astronauts to the moon.

Wernher also believed that we are not alone and that there are other beings from far away worlds who have visited Earth.

A starship in System Shock 2 was named the Von Braun.

One of the characters in the tutorial of Kerbal Space Program is named "Wernher von Kerman". I can see this happening right here in Second Life.


We are now in a new era of outer space and the mission to revisit the moon and explore Mars is still being pursued.
 
A stranger here
Strange things doth meet,
Strange glory see,
Strange treasures lodg’d
In this fair world appear,
Strange all and new to me:
But that they mine should be who Nothing was,
That strangest is of all:
Yet brought to pass.

Hans-Jörg Königsmann, another great German aerospace engineer started working for SpaceX and helped create the Falcon 1. We are one step closer to the moon and the world beyond.  In the meantime, I will continue to explore the worlds that you can find in Second Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment