Friday, April 1, 2022

To teach the world...


Second Life offers that sense of safety and security for anyone to be anonymous and not reveal their true selves. I think the hardest part for me is to see myself as who I am and that triggers insecurities of course. Will they like me, will they judge me are the questions one asks. Of course, it does not matter, but deep down inside it always does matter.

How do I teach the world about me? How can I be vulnerable and share my fears?

Second Life has helped me in so many ways to do things that I would never do or try, like being a DJ and playing the music I like, and hoping that others like my choices. That is always a risk because people will say you suck.

Showing my drawings and photographs as a self-made artist was another risk I took and I do like the comments and critiques I get for my art. This makes me want to do better and I become more artistic. 

The opportunity to use this virtual world to learn about yourself and slowly reveal peel by peel who I am not for others but for me. I truly appreciate the fact that I have learned to love myself in so many ways and it is ok to be me. I have seen people who struggle daily in their real lives here in second life and I am so blessed they have shared those fears and insecurities with me. I do not feel alone because of that. I know these valuable people have struggles like me and are trying to overcome them just like me. We are so much alike but different. I am grateful today for being able to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment