Sunday, July 23, 2023

Grief

There are still so many things I grieve as the heat of summer keeps me indoors, but thanks to Second Life I get to see some nature, even if it is virtual.

It is like a painting that I am creating as I see grief acting like a scared mouse and hiding in the corner under my bed. Grief is such a thief of joy and laughter and just when you see the light and sunshine it comes and steals that brightness away. 

Grief is such a juggler of emotions. It can hold all of them and they spin around like a whirlwind of summer storms. Yet in my loneliest hours, I come back here like I did in the beginning. Here grief can be tongueless and does not need to tell me anything I already know. I do not need to speak to anyone at all. 
I am thinking of all the plans I still have in front of me and I slowly have started to work on them as I recover from grief and death and health and loss. I am still grateful that I can log on because you have to or you could lose your mind and that would be the last thing I want to give to grief.

Feel no guilt in laughter, she knows how much you care
Feel no sorrow in a smile that she’s not here to share
You cannot grieve forever, she would not want you to
She’d hope that you can carry on, the way you always do
So talk about the good times and the ways you showed you cared
The days you spent together, all the happiness you shared
Let memories surround you.

No comments:

Post a Comment