Saturday, July 8, 2023

The Next Chapter

Now with Second Life's 20th Birthday being over, what will be the next chapter in my second life?

I most definitely have more time now after retiring from my many years of teaching. In the last few weeks as it all sinks in I feel this absolute stillness but the hours are flying by faster. No reason to get up at 6AM and then when I do get up it is after 10AM. All these hours are gone and I have not done much at all.

I am making some plans on what I still like to do after all we are going into the Halloween season, my favorite holiday. I am thinking of different ideas and the annual hunt I will create here in Second Life at the Retreat. What kind of art will I think of that may have been inspired by something that I saw here in the virtual world. Oh, yes, then there are the many postcards that I will collect and may print of the amazing photography you can do here. As a deltiologist, I have the responsibility to expose the world to what can be done here. People have been collecting postcards for decades; they are a snapshot of time and give a wonderful insight into what life was like back then. They also generally keep their value, don't degrade and the longer you keep them, the more valuable they could become. And there is that word "snapshot", sound familiar? Yes, because you take snapshots in second life.

I am ever so grateful to all the people who show up at the Basement Club.  Sometimes it is a bunch of avatars and sometimes maybe only a few. Either way, these people have chosen to be here at the Basement Club at this particular time and that is amazing especially when Second Life offers many many other places to be.

The next chapter begins now and may it be filled with many new things to discover and may it hold the old memories alive.

You were long gone
My Dear!
But for some reason
I kept sending you
The Postcards
and now I know
Why they say
"Old habits die hard"

No comments:

Post a Comment