Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The Basement Club

I find comfort in knowing that this one dream and desire I had long ago is still here. The Basement Club still has the best music for those who love music and do not want to hear the newest of the new or the good old tunes. The Basement Club is different and unique.

I created it for the people who need to find a place of peace and comfort and I hope that is what the people who come here will find. You could come here with your sweetie on a Wednesday Night and have the entire club for yourself. (We have DJs M, T, TH, and F, and Wednesdays and the weekends off.) This club is not about making lindens like some clubs strive to make.

We are here to find comfort and maybe some laughter while we listen to the music.

Sometimes I am here listening to music and writing my postcards that go out into the world. Having the people whether a few or many makes each day a little better. Sometimes I feel detached from family and friends and I know it is the PTSD that is triggering this. At least I can get some joy even if it is just a few hours at a time.
A few week's ago I was in the fire zone of being evacuated from one of the BIG California Brush Fires and I thought just another thing on top of everything that has happened since December. Being able to express one's fears in a situation like this was very helpful. Second Life friends are always so helpful in making me work through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment