Sunday, August 13, 2023

How soon is autumn?

Autumn does not start until September 23 this year, but summer has been so hot in real life, that I started to transform the Retreat to autumn. One thing I love about Second Life is that I can change the seasons any time I want to and I do not have to wait for mother nature.
I love all the colors of autumn (fall), it is very beautiful and I of course love the cooler weather as well.

As a deltiologist, which is a person who collects postcards (even if Draxtor thinks it is weird) I decided to turn one of my Second Life Photographs into a postcard. I will be sending it out via the postcrossing website to people all over the world. Go visit the website and learn more about exchanging postcards. It is really a fun hobby and my collection now has grown to over 1000 postcards I received. (Is that considered an addiction?)

I usually create my postcards from the art that I have displayed in my gallery, but now the next step is to use all those wonderful pictures I have taken in second life and make postcards of them.


The picture on the right will be the postcard I am creating, just in time for autumn. I am excited about this.

I am also working on a small magazine-like book that will feature my art as well as second life photographs. This will be available soon.

Let me know what you think? Would you like to receive a postcard of autumn photographed in second life?

No comments:

Post a Comment