Sunday, February 2, 2020

Just say "NO"




Just like Groundhog Day that reoccurs over and over, I realize that cupid is just about as dead as a doornail.
Maybe it is because I might be just dead as a dodo to be completely enamored of someone, typically the wrong person. Not typically, I should say always. It is ok, I accept that. (Do I?)




I have the tendency to fall into this trap and then ignore all the signs. Cupid knows that. He knows he can just stick me here and there and I forget that it is NOT a match in any way. I get so utterly exhausted that I fall into oblivion the moment my head hits the pillow.



Romantic love is stupid and pointless. Why? Because unlike platonic relationships, romantic love depends on attraction to attributes our DNA decides for us to be attracted to, which are often, if not always, superficial and fleeting. Men love women for physical beauty and women love men for social status. Falling in romantic love is as mindless and as instinctive as pooping and peeing, and as the most intelligent beings on this planet (and most likely in this galaxy and/or universe), we should abstain from such instinctive needs that serve no other propose than to compel us to procreate, and that which often leaves us utterly helpless and empty in the end.
Just say NO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment