Friday, March 13, 2020

Social Distance


The Getaway - Nutmeg:
A quiet, serene place, where you can reconnect with nature, listen to soothing music, and truly clear your mind.  ~Landscaped by Jacky Macpherson.

People who are in Second Life and spend many hours there, they have a small advantage of social distance in real life. Their social life is in second life. How does social distance hurt society if it is for a long period of time?

I am not sure we can answer this until we have gone through it. Eventually, we all need some contact with others. Clearly, social distancing may be the most effective way for people who aren’t infected with the coronavirus to avoid getting it. But it does lead to some major changes in how businesses are run, public events are held, and social interactions occur.


Think of it as a proactive extra precaution to keep yourself and your family safe. If you have children, explain to them that you’re doing this as a way to keep everyone healthy. If you panic, your kids will likely get anxious, so make it clear that this is just another step you’re taking to help the family and the community. Stay Busy during this time. 


These measures don’t just keep people apart: they inevitably keep them from going out, requiring them to keep busy at home.
“I have at least 10 books I’ve never read and I’m like, ‘Oh, this will come in really handy,’” she said. “I was planning to start a drawing class in April because I’ve always wanted to get into painting. I’ve got all these art supplies. Now, I can pull up some YouTube videos, and teach myself to work on that.” 
Go into Second life and make an avatar and explore the virtual world.


No comments:

Post a Comment