Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Second Life is where to be!

I know 2020 changed all of our lives in so many ways. From wearing masks and isolating to learning and working virtually. 

One thing that has not changed is Second Life. It is still here and better than ever. Many people from the past logged back on to see if we are still here and yes we are. 

If you are thinking of logging into Second Life here is a great place to start. The Retreat and the Retreat Gallery. I created some new art inspired by Covid. No worries you will be safe here and no mask is really required unless you want to wear one.

I do want to let you know that my heart goes out to all people who were affected by Covid. Know that you are not alone, we are all in this together and together we can overcome even the worst of things. This may take a little time, but in the meantime let's get together and explore the wonderful virtual world of Second Life. Anything is possible here.

I truly believe that being in Second Life has helped me as a teacher to adjust so much faster to the virtual teaching approach than if I never had that experience. I am thankful for that because Google Classroom and the hundreds of zoom meetings do not feel as bad anymore.

Whenever I am asked to provide some of my art in a zoom meeting I always share pictures I took in Second Life and people never have anything bad to say. In fact what I do hear is: Oh this is so beautiful, it looks so realistic, it is amazing. And you know what, they are right. 

Come see me today in Second Life at the Retreat and the Gallery and if you want to dance and hear music, just go down to the Basement Club, there are daily sets with DJs M-F starting at 6PM (PST).




No comments:

Post a Comment