Thursday, October 14, 2021

I see you

Whether it is in Second Life or Real Life people recognize me, which can be good and not so good. It all depends on what it is. For example this past week McDonald's was giving out free breakfast for teachers and I thought well why not drive by my local place and get me that well-deserved breakfast. All you had to do is show your school ID, so that was easy. As I got to the window, the lady that: "Oh you do not need to show me the ID, I know you, you were my child's teacher."  (Those things happen all the time in stores, people see me and recognize me.)

It can be a good thing to be recognized because you must have had some impact on the person, whether it was good or bad. You know that from your own experiences you go somewhere in SL and you see that avatar name that left a bad memory in your head. Ugh!!! Then there are those who were absolutely delightful to see again.

Treasure the people who make you smile and appreciate those who find some joy in your presence as well. Life is short, even in Second Life, so smile and smile often and then smile again.

I see you running, never looking back,
towards the endless sea of nothing,
your hands swing by, back and forth, you look from left to right
never looking back, even once.

I imagine that you smile your dimpled smile
when the passing breeze greets you,
I see you tousle your hair,
you keep walking, going farther to the land of nothing.

My eyes begin to betray my vision,
you grow fainter, smaller but taller,
I see the shadow, trailing behind you,
it grows taller and taller.

I fancy you call my name
to come after you, to live with you
in the land, I will never set my eyes on,
only to realize, you don't belong here.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment