Wednesday, November 17, 2021

What are you thankful for in Second Life?


Interesting enough is the fact that in the United States and here in Second Life, the residents skip the decor for Thanksgiving, which should be an important Holiday in itself. I know many just think of this day as Turkey Day and lots of food, but thanks to the Natives the English Settlers may not have had some of the deer (not turkey) they shared with them. 

So as you celebrate this day and share your food remember that the Natives are a big part of this traditional meal.

We have so much to be thankful for. If I think of material things we can name a warm bed and clothing and family and friends. I also think of the social aspect of Second Life and how it has helped so many people to interact with, especially through the pandemic, but also during times when some could not be mobile to meet people and socialize.

This has been a blessing to me when I came here 10 years ago. It helped me stay sane. That is why I share my Retreat, gallery, and the Basement Club with others. It is open to all residents and it always will be this way.

What are you thankful for this year? I do want to thank all the people that I have met in Second Life and I mean all of them. Many have taught me wonderful things and whether they were heartfelt or painful, they shape me to be me. Who would have thought that Second Life could be this way when some people just call it a game. All of us know that it is not a game and much more than that. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, even if you are not celebrating this day I am sure you can be thankful for some things. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that all the staff have kept Second life going. I used to play japanese mmorpg's which i cannot dedicate myself to anymore so i find the creativity of second life along wih many other aspects just amazing.I also share my 'home' and give home to anyone that needs it or a free shop space to a new developer.
    I believe in being part of giving a platform for people to spring from which in return gives me alot of happiness.
    Wishing all the best to everyone on second life, it's our future, our time, be everything you are :) - Siboselecta x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Makes me so happy to hear that:)

      Delete