Tuesday, August 1, 2017

“Do not hurry yourself...

...in your spirit to become offended.” or  ": Do not be quick to take offense, for the taking of offense lodges in the bosom of fools."Ecclesiastes 7:9.

I think that is excellent advice by the ancient people. They must have known something. If Albert Einstein said it,"Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools."

And yes sometimes I do get angry at people because after all, I am just a human behind this avatar. We all are people behind the mask and we all have some lies and deceit within us. Nobody is the exception.
My Papa always said this to us kids at home when we felt that people were mean by saying stuff about us: 
A fool says what he knows, and a wise man knows what he says.
(Jewish Proverb)
With that said I will let this go and move on and have the world focus on us:


Everybody who really knows me knows I love writing poetry. It is actually part of my studies when I was still attending the university. So here is a poem I wrote and it still stands today.

Power


There lies within me such a force of power
No sun or moon or star could hope to reach.
My slightest thought sparks fourth a fiery shower
Far greater than any fragile mortal's speech.
And yet I have shadows of desolation
That threatens to grow, to diminish the flames,
So in humbleness, I offer assimilation:
And together we can discover the farthest domains.

For you can become the channel, the base, the compassion,
Providing a wellspring for energies I consume,
Relinquishing yourself to my driving passion
Made mortal, yet allowing your mortal self to bloom,
For I will show you worlds: and once you understand,
Even pools of stars will whirl at your command.

No comments:

Post a Comment