Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The graveyards

I don't want to rest in peace
I want to dance in joy
I want to dance in the graveyards
The graveyards
And while I'm alive,
I don't want to be alone
Mourning the ones who came before
I want to dance with them some more
Let's dance in the graveyards.


Just a perfect day
You made me forget myself
I thought I was
Someone else, someone good.

Oh, it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a perfect day
You just keep me hanging on

As a child, I always loved going to the cemetery and look at the gravestones. I would read all the names and wonder about the people who lie there underneath me. In my hometown, the famous man who discovered the X-ray machine was buried in the old cemetery next to his beloved wife. It was actually an accident, but we all have benefitted from this great discovery.

Great discoveries are made accidentally less often than the populace likes to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment