Saturday, November 7, 2020

I want

"It doesn't make sense when you're tryin' hard
To do the right thing but without recompense
And then you did something wrong and you said it was great
And now you don't know how you could ever complain
Because you're all confused 'cause you want me to
But then you want me to do it the same way as you, and, but
I don't, I don't want anything
I know it's not, it's not your fault
I don't want anyone
Always I do, it's not for you"

Sometimes a song can inspire me to think about what real life means.

How do I measure what I put into this and what the output is? I feel this pressure from work all the time because you put so much into it and then you get little back, other than you could have done this or you forgot about that. It is never easy when you have done in your mind everything right but you get nothing back. Should we work with the thought of getting something back? Or should we just do it because we simply want to do it and it brings us joy?

The Retreat is especially beautiful in Autumn.
I know it would be an absolute lie if I say I just do this for fun because that is a small part of it. I do this to satisfy the inner need of being recognized. Like saying, hey look at me, I am a person, I am here. I want to bring joy and memories to others. I feel we all have that need to be part of something and to make a difference and that is the need that needs to be recognized with a simple thank you at times. Just a little thought of kindness helps in so many ways.

Oh, there is the saying"thou shall not want", but I do want something, we all do. This phrase covers a lot of things affecting everyday humans. Many people ‘want’ a lot in life. They want a soul mate, they want money, they want a job, they want a better life. In fact, most of us negate the law of not ‘wanting’ for anything. Regular people are stuck in the cycle of wanting they forget that everything they ever need is already theirs, all that is left is for the possession of it.

If you think ‘want’ you get want, if you think ‘abundance’ you get abundance.

Want some pizza and beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment