Saturday, November 28, 2020

Remembering Winter!!!

I love Winter in Second Life because I never get cold. This is the perfect place to go when you live in a place where winter does not include lots of snow. This year it is especially true when you are forced to stay inside and cannot go to Holiday Markets or Gatherings. I can drink my hot "egg-nog coffee" and it is always just right and never filled with guilty calories. 

In Germany, I would take the sled and go to the forest with my father and we would ride down the snow covered hills. It was so much fun as a child. We would also ski, but I felt a bit safer on the sled, plus besides I did not have to walk home, my father would pull me.

As I slide down my own hill here at the Retreat I joyfully remember those cold Winter Days in Germany. These are great memories I can recreate right here in Second Life. The cool thing about it is I can keep this snow for as long as I like even in the summer.

I seem to be the perfect ice skater, well here in SL not in real life. That is an amazing thing. I love to skate at my own skating rink here. It is so much fun, especially when everybody is now out there hustling and bustling the black Friday sales.

If you are longing for Winter and want to refresh those memories, why not stop by the Retreat and take some pictures. The Retreat is open year-round for all residents to enjoy. Let me know what you think and what memories it brought for you. Also, pictures can be posted to the Flickr Retreat Group.

Happy Winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment