Saturday, August 7, 2021

Enjoy the little things

Appreciating the little things in life means focusing on what brings us joy and happiness instead of those things that are negative. It means practicing gratitude for those everyday moments that are so easy to take for granted or forget. Because those little things are the things we often end up cherishing the most.

When I first came up with the title of my blog it was 10 years ago and I was instantly hooked on Second Life. What a great invention to come into this world and create and meet people and do whatever you like. It was nothing like a video game, where you have a particular goal to win a level or conquer a quest.

The little things here are the details that I get to add at my own place the Retreat. This place exists because in 2012 I bought a little parcel of 2048sqm and set a little house on it. I added the garden and everything else. The cool thing was the parcel next to me extended their land to meet up to mine so it all looked like you could walk out my gate to theirs. I remember these little things being welcomed to the neighborhood. Oh, and by the way, those neighbors are still there as well.

I never moved and instead added to the land and bought more. At one time I owned half of Monty, but then had to cut down. It was a great time to be able to just make this more beautiful every day.

The little things I enjoy is getting visitors from other residents. The Retreat is an open place that holds the gallery and the Basement Club. These days I love to hold my annual Halloween hunt and I try to make it fun. It is always FREE.
I started working on it already as I transform the entire parcel into Fall and Halloween. (Later it will be Winter and Christmas).
I live in an area in real life where these seasons do not really show every year, so it is absolutely wonderful to know that here in Second Life they are here. I love that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment